The Teso Foundation for Education, Research and Rural Development is a non-profit-making, non-governmental organisation whose aim is to enhance the lives of the people of Kumi District in eastern Uganda.
The foundation's principles are:
- to believe in and support the equal rights and dignity of all people.
- to respect differences in people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, language, religion, disability,sexual orientation, political background, education standard or health status.
- to promote empowerment and worth among the disadvantaged.
- to prioritise the needs of people with limited access to basic health and education resources.
- to acknowledge that all people are capable of learning.
- to value the importance of indigenous education.
- to acknowledge that education should respond to cross-cultural diversity.
- to develop partnerships with interested parties.
TEFERD is an affiliate of the Humanitus Foundation
Click on the logo below to view latest projects.